FULL RECIPE BELOW
Don't let a beef roulade intimidate you-they're fairly simple to throw together! Learn how to make it in this video tutorial!
BEEF ROULADE RECIPE: http://www.escoffieronline.com/how-to-make-beef-roulade/
1 1/2 to 2 pounds of flank steak
8 oz prosciutto ham
10 oz roasted red peppers
3 oz sundried tomato pesto
4 oz sautéed onions
2 oz Parmesan cheese
¼ cup olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place a piece of heavy duty plastic wrap on a large work surface. Place flank steak on it. Cover with another piece of plastic wrap and pound the flank steak until is 1/4 inch thick using a meat mallet.
2. Keep in mind: you will be rolling the meat with the grain of the meat, you do this because when you slice it later, the beef will be more tender when you cut across the grain.
3. Spread the pesto sauce; then add the rest of the ingredients. Leave about ½ inch free on all sides of the meat. Carefully roll the roulade up tight, then tie it with butcher’s twine.
4. In a heavy skillet, add the oil and sear the roulade on all sides. Place the roulade in a baking tray with the seam side down. Roast until the internal temperature reaches 130˚F (The internal temperature will rise with the carry over heat).
5. Allow the roulade to rest for a few minutes before slicing.
Need an app to help you convert your recipes in the kitchen? https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/escoffier-cooks-companion/id572412557?mt=8
For more information about online culinary and pastry school visit: http://www.escoffieronline.com/
STAY CONNECTED WITH US:
Google +: https://plus.google.com/u/0/+escoffieronline/posts
I am not a chef BUT This is not how you make German Rouladen I have been making it for over 40th years..... Please use a big'er pan for what ever this is... Beef Rouladen all ways goes with Potato Balls.. Not Mash Potato's OH MAY..