Love homemade ice cream but hate the fuss? This easy hack gives you DIY ice cream in just a matter of minutes. You'll be eating homemade ice cream all summer as no ice cream maker is needed.
½ cup whole milk
½ cup cream
¼ cup sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup rock salt
1. Add 1/2 cup whole milk, 1/2 cup cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to a mixing cup and stir until well combined.
2. Add the mixture to a small zipper bag. Now, this is very important. I am not going to advocate any sorta brand here but you definitely want a quality bag. You are going to shake the hell out of this for 5 minutes and, well, if the bag breaks open, it’s totally going to suck.
3. Now to create the ice cream maker. You just need another zipper bag, one that is much larger than the bag with your ice cream mix in it. And you want to fill that bag with a couple handfuls of ice and about half of the rock salt. The same applies here… you want a quality bag that isn’t going to blow up.
4. Now place the smaller bag inside the larger bag. Cover it with more ice and rock salt.
5. Now the fun part! And, what better way to earn your ice cream than a few minutes of exercise. Wrap the bag in a towel, because it is freaking cold, and shake it for 5 minutes or until the liquid in the smaller bag turns into ice cream.
6. You can scoop it out but honestly, just eat it out of the bag. It is easier.
I have a magic bullet blender and I was wondering if I can freeze the cup for 24 hours then use the frozen cup to put the mixture and blend it with the whipping attachment and use it as you would use an ice cream machine. I am asking because I am worried what if it explodes on me or damage my machine... can anyone help me?
I don’t believe that will work because what you would be doing is mimicking and ice cream maker and ice cream makers need to have a consistent temperature. Once you take the carpet out of the freezer it’s going to immediately warm up
I wouldve just snipped a corner of the ziplock bag and squeezed it into a cone but scooping is nice too lol
Not everyone has cream or rocksalt in their home lol but its an awesome idea saw this easy ice cream recipe on another channel a few months ago too lol