Matar Paneer, Mutter Panner Masala or मटर पनीर is a homely Indian main course dish, this cheesy peas is a to-go dish for many of us. Be it Jeera Rice or Plain Parathas, Matar Paneer never fails to tantalize the taste buds. Make this home-style shahi matar paneer which has a Punjabi touch to it, & share how it turns around for you.
More Paneer Recipes : https://goo.gl/vXY7Pz
For Gravy :
Oil - 2 tbsp
Cashewnuts - 1/4 cup
Onions - 2 (roughly chopped)
Salt - as per taste
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tbsp
Tomatoes - 5 (roughly chopped)
For finishing the sabzi : Oil/Ghee : 2 tbsp
Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Onion - 1 (small, finely chopped)
Red Chili Powder - 3/4 tsp
Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
Kasoori Methi - 1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder - 1/2 tsp
Fennel Powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/2 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 3 tbsp (finely chopped)
Tomato Puree / Ketchup - 1 tbsp
Cream - 2 tbsp
Ginger Juliennes - 1"
Green Chili Slits - 2
Matar / Peas - 1 cup (parboiled)
Paneer - 300g (cubed)
Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
1. For Gravy : In a hot pan, add in the oil & as it gets hot, add in the cashewnuts and roast them for a minute or two.
2. Add in the roughly chopped tomatoes and the salt as per taste and cook the onions until golden.
3. After the onions get golden, add in the ginger garlic paste and stir for a minute.
4. Chopped tomatoes goes in next, and cook until they get mushy. Turn off the flame, let it cool down, then blend to a smooth paste.
5. For finishing the sabzi : In a kadhai/pan, add in the oil and after it gets hot, goes in the jeera/cumin seeds. After they sizzle, add the onions and cook for a minute.
6. Lower the flame, and add the spices - red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, kasoori methi, fennel powder, turmeric powder and salt. Roast the spices for 2-3 minutes in low flame.
7. Add in the finely chopped coriander leaves and cook them for a minute, then goes the gravy paste, tomato ketchup & cream & stir around.
8. Peas, Ginger, Green Chili goes in next, along with some water to adjust the consistency, cook them out for a couple minutes, then add in the cubes of paneer.
9. Finally, sprinkle in a touch of garam masala & turn the flame off. Gorge this matar paneer with your favorite rice or bread dish :)
Website: http://www.cookingshooking.com | http://www.cookingshooking.in
i love ur cooking style... the taste that ur recipes have is the taste that my family actually like. i have tried ur oreo choco lava cake... dhaba dal fry ....mix veg.. i was praised for it ... thank you. i have recommended ur channel to many of my friends.
Please add some no onion garlic recipes specially palak paneer (w/o onion garlic).
I have tried this recipe.. trust me result came out to be too good.. same as chefs recipe is looking like..I was shocked seeing how did it turned out to be a five star hotel one. Thanks chef this is the best recipe Soo far I have tried. Too good bhai
I just made this tonight...it was AWESOME. I added a Tbsp more ginger and a bit more ground fennel (I like those two) and it was perfect for me! I tried Saveur's recipe and it was EXTREMELY "Meh", not worth doing. This one was lovely! Definitely writing this one down! Thank you for sharing! :-)
Thank you chef, I made this at home and my husband loved it. It goes very well with paratha. it was very easy to make and the ingredients were also easily available. Keep up the great job. Thanks once again.God Bless
I love your channel!! There are no Indian restaurants in my small town. If I want Indian cooking, I must make it myself. Your videos are the perfect place to teach authentic Indian recipes. Thank you so much!! Love the home style recipes.